Unretouched photo detail of a US Airways Boeing 757 passenger safety guide:
- If you see grey in the window, there is smoke outside. Do not open the door.
- If you see red in the window, there is fire outside. Do not open the door.
- If you see yellow in the window, the Lights of Zetar are outside. Do not open the door.
- If you see blue in the window, there is water outside. Do not open the door.
Addendum: Wait a minute…these illustrations are a sequence. This is a story. He’s an alchemist! You can tell by the arcane symbol on his wand and his triumphant fist-pump when summoning each of the four elements.
- Air: The plane is in the clouds. This does not require alchemical magick, of course, and that’s probably why this guy booked a flight in the first place—as a starting point.
- Fire: The plane is engulfed in flames. The sudden chaos erupting inside the cabin gives the alchemist a few unobserved moments to execute his next step, the real objective of this exercise:
- Earth: The alchemist has conjured gold! Unfortunately, the door won’t open, because the plane is embedded in rock. But you know he’ll be bragging about this to his buddies.
- Water: The plane is floating in the ocean. No telling what kind of shape the passengers and crew are in by now, but at least they’re equipped for this.
You’d think the TSA would just stop these people.